- Rinse & dry potatoes. Pierce each potato with a knife across the top and bake in a 400˚ F degree oven for about 45 minutes or until baked throughout.
- While potatoes are baking put half & half, sour cream and butter in a mixing bowl. Set aside at room temp.
- When potatoes are baked, remove from oven. Turn heat down to 350˚ F. With a sharp knife cut the skin from the top of each potato. Using a spoon hollow out the insides of each potato, adding to the bowl with the half & half, sour cream and butter.
- Using a fork, mash the potatoes. Add salt & pepper. Stir in 3/4 cup of the shredded cheddar & 1/2 the chopped green onions stirring until well mixed. Fill each hollowed out potato with mashed potato mixture. Place potatoes on a baking sheet.
- Evenly divide the 1/2 pound of cooked & crumbled Rays Own Brand Salchicha Caballero Sausage on top of each filled potato. Top each evenly with remaining 1/4 cup shredded cheese & chopped scallions.
- Place potatoes in the oven and bake the second time for about 15 minutes.
You many use any of Ray’s Own Brand Sausage for this recipe. Salchicha Caballero is our favorite! Enjoy!